5 Days Serengeti Ngorongoro, Tarangire & Lake Natron
- This Tanzania safari 5 days Serengeti Ngorongoro will include Tarangire National park & the famous Ramsa site “Lake Natron” the place for countless flamingos. The possibility of spotting the big 5 is high & most likely you have a chance of experiencing “The Great Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti plains”.Our budget Tanzania camping safari can be combined with the best Kilimanjaro climbing package or Zanzibar beach holidays to make a lifetime adventure in Africa. Just tell us your preferences and we will customize a great package that will suit your requirements.Trip StyleComfort & private – During this private 5 days Tanzania camping safari you will have a professional well experienced local safari driver guide as well as trained private safari chef. We will provide camping gears i.e. Tents, sleeping mattress, pillows, chairs & table. We advise to come with your own sleeping bag, but still there is an option of renting it out in Arusha town at reasonable prices paid once for the whole safari. You will be staying at public campsites where bathrooms are shared with other campers.Meals Plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner to be prepared by our professional safari chef, who will also be responsible for pitching your tents & so on. This is a stress free safari where you don’t need to think about where to sleep what to eat etc. We also invites you to the kitchen to tell us if you have any favorites you want to be repeated.Our package does not include accommodation in Arusha on the last day, but we have best lodges & hotels in & around Arusha city which can go along with your budget Tanzania camping safari. Please let us know if you will need any assistance from us.The highlights of 5 Days Serengeti Ngorongoro, Tarangire & Lake Natron
Enjoy amazing landscapes and larger wildlife population that you have never seen elsewhere.
Experience the world phenomenon “The Great Wildebeest Migration” in Serengeti plains.
Spotting the African Big 5 & big cats while stay in public campsites where you can feel the wilderness
Interact with locals “Masai” when trekking the active volcanic Mountain Ol doinyo Lengai.
Destination: Northern Tanzania
Location: Tarangire, Norongoro crater, Serengeti & Lake Natron
Dates: Year Around
Physicality: fairly long Drive
5 Days Serengeti Ngorongoro, Tarangire & Lake Natron itinerary
Tanzania Camping Safaris
Distance: 30/50 km
On arrival at Kilimanjaro international airport/Arusha airport our safari manager will meet you and drive to Planet lodge in Arusha or Similar. Then he will go through your safari program before leaving you to relax and enjoy the lodge’s facilities.
Overnight at Planet lodge in Arusha. Breakfast included.
Day 1: Arusha – Tarangire National Park
Distance: About 120 km
Non – game viewing time: 2 to 3 hrs.
After breakfast at your lodge, meet your safari driver guide & chef then start the tour. The first stop will be in Arusha town for any last minute purchases before heading to Tarangire National Park for game drive. Packed lunch will be served in one of the picnic site inside the park. Tarangire is famous for its huge elephant population and giant baobab trees, you may expect to spot herds of elephant, wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, hippos, baboons and many antelopes. Birds are abundant & you may spot the three rare species of Ash staling, Great Kudu & Fringe Eared Oryx. Predators like lion, leopard, cheetah, jackals & hyena can also be seen. The park forms the central annual migratory cycle within Tarangire Lake Manyara ecosystem that include up to 3000 elephant, 25,000 wildebeest and about 30,000 zebra. Late Afternoon you will drive towards the base of the Great Rift Valley for overnight.
Overnight at Lilac Public Campsite close to Lake Manyara or similar. All meals include.
Day 2: Tarangire – Ngorongoro crater
Distance: 50 km
Non – game viewing time: 1 to 2 hours.
Your 5 days Serengeti Ngorongoro, Tarangire & Lake Natron tour continues after breakfast, you will drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area & descend 600 meters into the crater floor for game drive. Ngorongoro Crater is a rich area with enough water & fodder supports variety of animal species which includes herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippos, and giant African elephants. The Crater is home to some rare species of black rhino living in their natural habitat perhaps this is among few areas where you can see black rhino in the natural wilderness.
Another interesting part of this picturesque Caldera, is its denser population of predators, which include lion, cheetahs, hyenas, Jackals and the ever mysterious leopard that sometimes needs a binoculars eye to spot. You will visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline Lake in the southwestern corner frequently visited hippos, flocks of flamingos and other water birds. Late afternoon drive to Simba Public Campsite for sunset watch, dinner & overnight.
Overnight at Ngorongoro Simba Campsite. All meals included.
Day 3: Ngorongoro – Serengeti National park
Distance: 115 km
Non – game viewing time: 2 to 3 hrs.
After breakfast drive around the Crater rim and down to “The wild Africa” Serengeti National Park with its endless rolling plains. Then move to the central Park area called Seronera, named after the River which is a valuable source of water in the Park therefore, attracts larger number of animal species in Serengeti Masai Mara ecosystem.
Seronera is among the richest habitats in Serengeti where you can see animal actions like fighting, hunting, eating even killing. Packed lunch to be served at kopjes (rocky outcropping) or on the way. After lunch & some rest embark for sunset game drive in the vast Serengeti plains in searching for the migration of herds (depending on traveling dates). Late afternoon during or before sunset drive to your campsite for dinner & overnight.
Overnight at Seronera Public Campsite Central Serengeti. All meals included.
Day 4: Serengeti National Park – Lake Natron
Distance: about 152 km
Non game-viewing travel time: 4-5 hours
Today at 06:30 the 5 days Serengeti Ngorongoro safari takes you for an early morning game drive which can allow you to spot some cat family on the road as they avoiding morning mist. You may also see other nocturnal predators coming back from their long night of hunting or a group of lioness organizing a morning ambush. If the Wildebeest Migration will be packed in Serengeti then you will go straight to where they are & spend much time with them before starting your en route game drive towards the Northern Serengeti.
Check out at Klein’s gate & drive to Lake Natron where you will arrive at late afternoon and go for sunset walk along the Lake shore if time permits. You will have early dinner and sleep a bit before your driver wake you up to be ready for your night summit attempt at Ol Doinyo Lengai Mountain.
Overnight at Lake Natron Campsite. All meals included.
Day 5: Lake Natron – Arusha
Distance: 138 km
Night ascent & dawn summit bid, Ol Doinyo Lengai Mountain (seismic conditions permitting). Optional waterfall hike and swim (Depending on your flight time). After drive to Arusha for airport drop off or overnight. (Extra cost for accommodation)
Tanzania Safari 5 days Serengeti Ngorongoro including Tarangire & Lake Natron is the best tour that combines wildlife safari, hiking trip & sightseeing. Karibu Sana!
The package includes:-
- All airport transfers/pick up & drop off
- 5 days private camping safari from 1 to 5 person
- 1 night accommodation in Arusha at Planet lodge or similar on B/B
- Transport during the safari is a modified 4 x 4 Land Cruiser with photographic roof hatch
- Service of experienced, professional English speaking safari driver guide and chef
- All meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- 1.5 Mineral water per person during game drive
- Overnight stays in tents during the safari
- Ol Doinyo Lengai trekking with Masai guide
- Tents, mattresses & pillow chairs & table, please bring your own sleeping bag
- All park fees, entry fees as per itinerary
- Government value added tax VAT
The package excludes:-
- Accommodation in Arusha after safari
- Sleeping bag
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Tips/gratitude for safari driver & chef
- Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.
- International/domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Join us again for another 5 days Serengeti Ngorongoro safari.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodations and destinations of this tour.
This tour will be organized exclusively for you and won’t be shared with others.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Suitable for all ages
This tour is suitable for children of all ages.
Can Be in Any Style
Can be Camping, lodges and tented camps.